If you are a trucker, contractor, or any third party that intends to access the VIP Rail Sarnia or Corunna facilities, you are required to review the Safety Orientation Form below in detail and complete, and execute at the bottom of the page. By executing this form your are confirming that you have reviewed the VIP Rail Safety Orientation Form below in its entirety, and that you commit to follow the provided Site Rules, and to conduct yourself appropriately while on VIP Rail sites.
Please call 519.383.7200 and ask for our Safety Director if you have any questions regarding the online form, site orientation, or VIP Rail’s site rules.
To Obey Site Rules
- Rail equipment has the right of way. Locomotives, engines, and other equipment are active 24/7 and may move without warning at any time and in any direction.
- Stop and look both ways before crossing any and all tracks.
- Keep all persons and equipment at least 20 ft away from the track at all times.
- If your duties require you to work on or near the track, you must follow all of procedures listed below:
- Notify the front desk where you will be working.
- Lock the switch away from the track which you are working on.
- Place a blue flag on the track you are working on.
- Verify that any railcars parked on the track you are working on are properly secured with handbrakes in place.
- Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, FR Coveralls, Safety (Hi-Visibility) vests, Gloves, and Hard Hats are required at all times while on site outside the main office.
- Ear plugs are required when using power equipment.
- No truck drivers or their passengers are allowed in Warehouses or around the docking area without proper supervision or authorization.
- Report all hazards and incidents to the front office immediately.
- Obey all rules and regulations of the province of Ontario, and of your employer.
- No Cell Phone use on site unless proper authorization has been received.
- Obey all signage on VIP Rail property.
- Always sign IN and OUT at the front office (visitor), or use your swipe card if you have been through orientation.